.quickedit{ display:none; }

Monday 14 May 2012

Designed to Colour Challenge 1...Rolled flowers

I recently stumbled across Designed to colour's E magazine ...it's a mag dedicated to colouring techniques primarily but it also has  fab ideas and inspiration to draw from too.

I think colouring images is one of the most important elements and one most of us strive to perfect, well I know I do lol.

So I thought I would take part in their first  monthly challenge which is rolled flowers as featured in the latest magazine.

The fab prize is 3 digis from the talented Krista at Saturated Canary


Now I don't have a die though I know there are some out there....Memory Box spring to mind
OR
Marianne Die Chinese Rose

I just cut random circles and cut a spiral into them.

I don't have a quilling tool either so I rolled them around a pencil and hoped for the best...

I'm fairly pleased with the result ?

The Image is a sweet stamp set Pure Innocence called Rose

Papers are Basic Grey again...Loving these

I seem to have a thing about Red at the mo ?

The pearl swirl and Pins by The Hobby House...we have them in store....yummy :)

Lastly I coloured her with Copics and Lyras...my new best friends..... loving them.

Well that's all from a rainy Yorkshire for now....

Love Katy xx


8 comments :

  1. Hi Katy, my word you are getting a regular here in the land of blog x. Gorgeous card and love your rolled flowers they look very pretty. (Love the Hobby House shhhhh don't tell your boss lol)Take care x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a fabulous card and a great entry...love the colouring total perfection...hugs sasssyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning katy.gorgeous image and i love your bold colours and pretty details ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Katy! Gorgeous card, I just love your choice of papers! So glad you're back in blogland. Hugs, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, thank you so much for all your kind words! I love how your rolled paper flowers turned out - you did a great job using the resources you had on hand! Thanks for joining Designed To Color in our FIRST ever challenge!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awhhhhh man!! LOOK at this - such a CUTE creation! LOVE all of your layers and the fun colours you've used. Super cute image and sentiment!! Love, love this card!!

    Thank you for joining us at Designed to Color for our very FIRST challenge. Good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, Katy. love love LOVE your card. the image is coloured beautifully, and i am LOVING those papers! i also think you did a fabby job with the flowers, and i actually prefer doing them by hand so they look a little less perfect and a little more realistic. GORGEOUS little creation, and thank you so much for sharing it with the Color Crew for Designed to Color's very first challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! Adorbs!!!! Thnx for playing with us for our first challenge over at DTC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by and leaving a comment xx